Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reasons to interrupt dance class

Nate's in a "creative" dance class. I figured it's for 3 & 4 year old's, so probably not a gender-specific thing. Well, of course, he's the only boy. (arg. I continue to feel like I'm raising kids in the 1950s much to my dismay).

Well, he was all boy yesterday. Nothing delicate about this one. As all the girls in their pink ballet outfits gingerly jumped over the can, Nate loudly jumped around the room and -kind of- over the can.

Reasons he needed to interrupt class:

#1: Mom, they're blinking! (girls are all in ballet flats, Nate in large, loud buzz lighyear blinking shoes that randomly -and in the middle of class- say "To infinity and beyond.")

#2: Mom, he just called me Nathan! (this was a bad thing, as Nate was yesterday "Superhero Nate" - and was, in class, wearing his "N" cape which went quite well with his shoes)

They also made Valentines in class. Nate drew a "volcano" on his.

No comments: